Customer Service Training
What is Customer Service Training?
Customer Service Training emphasizes on giving employees the precise set of attitude, soft skills and knowledge that are key to transform a happy customer to a delighted customer.
The Customer Service training program by HBS (Horseway Business Services) touches upon the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to satisfy the customer. In today’s world there is ample choice for every purchase decision, hence the significance of customer service skills and the capability to keep customers have become vital for every organization. By using the skills learnt in our program, your employees will be able to surpass the expectations of customer and win their loyalty. This is a key program in our Sales Training as well.
- Patience: Regardless of how good your product or service offering is, every organization faces situations that require handling unhappy and irate customers. The top skill needed to handle such situations is Patience.
- Active Listening Skills: Listening with intent, asking questions to gain better understanding, paraphrasing and summarizing shows that you care and want to offer the right solution
- Effective Communication Skills: Our communication skills training helps you convey ideas and solutions clearly and decidedly reduces the TAT for customer service delivery
- Empathy: The ability to understand concerns of a customer in a way that prompts them to rely on the service providers suggestion is critical to a positive customer experience
- Ability to use Positive Body Language: Body language is a vital aspect of your communication. Learning to use positive body language and tone of voice can go long way in influencing your customers
- Time Management Skills: Time Management Training can infuse the discipline in employees to improve productivity and ensure timely service deliverables
- Target Orientation: Having customer focus and working towards enhancing customer satisfaction helps constantly improve customer service
- Ability to Work under Pressure: With customer expectations constantly changing, working under pressure and going the extra mile are indispensable skills
- Analytical Skills: Employees who are responsible for sustaining customer relations should have the ability to analyze problems and offer appropriate solutions
How to Increase Customer Satisfaction?
Every service provider strives to offer quality customer service. However, Service Quality Researchers have studied customer expectations and have found that the perceived quality of the service experience depends on the gap between expectations and measured performance as is highlighted in the article, ‘The Customer Service Gap Model’. This means, the customers perception of the service received is dependent upon his/her expectations of the service/performance. If performance is lower than expectations, satisfaction is low. If performance is higher than expectations, satisfaction is high.
Customer Service Training
The Customer Service Training Module provided by Horseway Business Services helps participants to exceed customer expectations through consistently providing exceptional service. In order to achieve this, it is important to ask yourself some questions:
- Does your staff have the right skill sets to deliver exceptional customer service?
- Currently how do they develop good customer service skills?
- Is there a plan to continuously improve customer service?
- Is the voice of the customer given the necessary priority?
- Is there customer service satisfaction?
- Does your staff have the essential communication skills to deliver exceptional customer service?
- Can they communicate and listen effectively to uncover the customer’s true needs?
- Do they understand the importance of internal customers?
This program is for professionals who want to make a significant contribution to their company’s image or bottom line and make their own lives easier by consistently providing exceptional service.
Methodology of Implementation of Our Programs:
Our delivery methodology will include:
- Developing a ‘Customer Service Mindset’:
- Understanding 21st century customer service
- Creating an environment of customer service orientation
- Understanding the differences between customer service, customer satisfaction and customer delight
- Creating a ‘Culture of Commitment’
- Handling ‘Moments of Truth’ in the customer interaction process
- Managing Customer Expectations:
- Understanding customer needs and customer expectations
- Managing customer expectations
- Managing the perception of customers
- The ‘Golden Rules’ of ensuring customer satisfaction
- Handling Customers:
- Understanding the different customer types
- Aggressive/demanding customers
- Analytical customers
- Amiable customers
- Irate customers
- Methods to handle the different customer types
- Understanding the difference between ‘Empathy’ and ‘Sympathy’
- The 4 A’s of Empathy
- Using the right phrases to empathize
- Role Play Simulations:
- Multiple role play scenarios will be simulated based on the challenges that the participants face on a regular basis
- As many participants as possible will be involved
- Feedback from the facilitator as well as peers will be used as learning tools
- Participants will be assisted to create individual improvement action plans
The Negotiation Skills Training program will be 16 hours (2 days)
- Instructor Led Training
- Role Plays
- Games and Group Activities
- Movie and Audio Clips
- Horseway Business Services will conduct the training
- Maximum number of participants to a class will be 20
- The training will be conducted at a venue organized by your organization
- The following will be provided by your organization:
- Handouts will be printed/photocopied
- An LCD projector
- Audio speakers